Monday, February 21, 2005

Gay or Not Gay?




So I've got this friend (who we shall refer to as Edmond "Nedmond") whose been on a dry spell with the ladies as of late. It's a Saturday night and we're heading to a pool hall to do whatever people at a pool hall do, when the following conversation arises in the car:

Edmo-, whoops, I mean Nedmond: So how was lunch with Jennifer?
Me: Lunch was good. You're name actually came up in conversation.
Ed-, oops again, Nedmond: How so?
Me: Well, we were thinking of our single friends and how to make them not single.
Edmon-, arg...Nedmond: Oh no! You're trying to set me up!
Me: Not necessarily
E- Nedmond (I'm getting better at not disclosing identities, see?): So tell me more about the conversation.
Me: I can't. You can ask Jennifer.

At this point there's silence in the car. I'm driving to a cashy station thinking about how much money to take out, where the pool hall is, what time it is and how mangoes, bananas and strawberries don't go too well in a smoothie when my thought process is suddenly halted by a shocking but obvious revelation:

Nedmond - awww, fuck it - Edmond: I'M NOT GAY!!!!

My mind was going crazy to process this one little statement. A straight man proclaiming his straightness - that actually sounds kinda gay to me. What appears to be an insecurity of some sort seems to open up the possibility that perhaps he is gay...

Which is OK because with the Flaming Fucker now in Tennessee, I am now faced with a shortage of gay friends

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you're finally updating.

Unknown said...

Yah, my standards won't allow me to downdate. Actually, I don't think the Chosen One would appreciate it if I was still dating at all.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Jennifer wants a piece of this guy...

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just want me, and that's why you can't stop thinking about.

Unknown said...

Dude, you're one sexy beast...who wouldn't?

Anonymous said...

I heard I was being talked about.
What you fail to mention about this little conversation is that you had in mind to hook me up with a guy. My amazing mental powers foretold this and beat you to the punch.

Anonymous said...

the onlt thing he uses his mental powers for is to picture you naked feeding his fish