Sunday, April 16, 2006

Push

One of my self mottos has always been “Push”.

The word itself has connotations of moving forward or making some type of progress, but if you actually look up the definition, there is so much more meaning:

- Ambitious drive
- To sell (another one of my mottos, “Sell or be sold” could be translated to “Push or be pushed”.)
- Strive to achieve a goal
- An effort to advance

“Push” defines who I am as a person. So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that for someone who is constantly looking forward, one of the things I don’t do a whole lot of is look back. I’m not saying I don’t enjoy doing it. I just don’t do it as much as I probably should. There comes a point in time in everyone’s life where one’s memories become more important than their dreams and aspirations. That certain point in time is called a mid-life crisis, and I’m still light years away from having one of those.

That being said, given how the day of my birth coincides with the celebration of Christ’s rebirth this year, I feel that now’s a good time to reflect and look back at the path that brought me to where I am today...

...You really thought I was going to just give you the story of my life? Sucker!

Happy Easter!

Here are a couple free notable quotes to live by:

“A true champion is not necessarily defined by how much they’re admired, but instead their ability to stand up in the face of adversity.”

“If you can dream it, you can do it, and there’s no better place than here and no better time than now.”

No comments: