Sunday, May 20, 2012

To Live and Live Again

Whew, whew...is this thing on?


It's amazing how having a new child can change you.  If you're as fortunate as myself, you get the opportunity to take time off of work (a "leave of absence" - I digress: if you're leaving a state of non-presence, wouldn't that be a "present"? ).  It's not necessarily a vacation; I think they must call it a leave because you're replacing the work you're normally doing with some other kind of work that's pretty comparable.   Kinda like how bending over and taking it from all angles in the office all day is similar to training your newborn to win a 2-ounce  formula chugging contest, involuntarily depriving yourself of sleep, and honing in on your diaper changing skills.

In between the eating, sleeping and pooping (more so the baby, but me too) though, I've been given another opportunity - to blog again.  So I'm blowing the dust off of Entirely Erwin for another go.  A more thoughtful, more mature look at my thoughts and interests.  So whereas the last post before going dormant mentioned something about poop, I realize that I'm both above and past that now.  From here on out we'll be talking about SHIT.  

I guess some things will never change.


No comments: