Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Arrrggghhhh

Downtown Chicago - a business mecca, the second largest financial center in the country. Somewhere in the hoopla of perpetual exchange is yours truly, watching money fly around every which way but into my bank account (that would be money laundering which, until our drug lord buddies from down way way south (farther than Worth, IL) decide to take over, is illegal). Six-figure amounts of money isn't all that much. Seven figures is mediocre. Eight figures and higher? Let's start talking...

On any given day, we're hit for hundreds and even thousands of dollars worth of charges. A $700 charge? Take the hit, it's not even worth arguing over. So why the hell am I pissed off that I lost ten freakin dollars???

Is it the fact that I put $10 on my public transportation fare card and forgot to take it out of the vending machine? Nah, slapping myself across the back of my head for doing dumbass things probably killed more brain cells than I already have, making myself dumbass to the extreme (i.e. Eric a fucktard).

Maybe it's because that $10 could have been put to better use. I mean, if Sally Struthers can convince me that ten cents can purchase a cup of coffee in Ethiopia, think of what $10 can do. Or even better yet, I could go to Starbucks twice instead of once a week and get myself a "venti toffee nut frappucino twice blended with whipped cream" that I crave oh so much. Yah, my humanitarian priorities are in order.

I think the reason why I am so pissed about losing $10 is because the person who ended up getting my card out of the machine was a nice little sweet elderly lady. And when I nicely asked the nice little sweet elderly lady for my card...that fucking withered old hag denied she had it. "Hey, #$%! cunt whore, you were right behind me. Are you like on Alzheimers or something? ***Ghetto Max takes over Erwin's body*** Bitch, you'd better recognize and get those social security collectin' hands back in yo' Ben-Gay smellin' purse and gimme my CTA card befo' I bust a cap in yo' ass foo'!"

OK, maybe I didn't say those things to that extent. It would've sounded good at the time though. Damn me for repressing things.

No comments: