Wednesday, July 09, 2003

It's On You
Grrrrrr.....Arrggghhhh....Ackkkkk.....I'm still steamin after yesterday. When I'm not at work, I try not to think about work, but after yesterday, the fact that im still pist off is just not good. So I guess I'll discuss...

A few weeks ago, I was offered to take part in a major project at work that would take a great deal of time and a great deal of effort. Upon getting the invite, I told my boss about the offer. She had immediately told me to turn it down because our department is short staffed. Since our department is so short-staffed, you'd figure even my boss wouldn't be able to do it, right? Wrong - not only was I not given a chance to show what I can offer...she took the project herself. Not all of it though. Seeing as how I have the most knowledge in my department about this project, they still want my input (i.e. they want to suck in what I know and when they suck me dry, they'll spit me off to the side and take the credit).

I'm more hurt than mad though. I'm supposed to trust my higher-ups. Instead, I get stabbed in the back. Totally unprofessional. She even had someone else tell me of the news. More unprofessional. There's more but we won't even go there...

As always, I will overcome and get through this...they will feel my fury.

No comments: