Thursday, February 05, 2004

Pet Peeve

24 hours ago, I sat in front of my laptop replaying the day's events in my head. I couldn't think of anything that I would deem blogworthy. WTF? An uneventful, quiet day? Huh? I was awake yesterday, right? Thinking about it, I don't think I was; I had this weird dream that I watched an episode of Angel (for some reason the number "100" stands out), something I would never do if I was really awake. Oh, and I watched the show with Stacey...and we were sober. Wait, watching TV with Stacey, sober. That must have really been a dream, because we all know THAT would never happen....

Waking up from this surreal dream, I go to work and I receive an e-mail about how annoying it is for someone to repeat in question form an answer to a question. This is known as Seinfeld rhetoric; the answer tends to be repeated in a whiny Seinfeld tone of voice that most simple twits take as comedic, but is really annoying. Why? Yo no se.

The e-mail triggered a moment yesterday that I seemed to have repressed, probably because the person I was dealing with was so stupid that I just wanted to smack the fuck out of him so that I could liberate whatever existing brain cells he had into a more intelligent medium, like air. Here's a brief, dumbed-down synopsis of the conversation. We'll call him Mark because he's really stupid...and that's what his name is.


    Mark: Erwin, can you figure out what I did wrong?
    Erwin: Yah, you took "x" into account on day 1, but you didn't take it into account on day 2
    Mark: I know. (light bulb turns on) I didn't take "x" into account on day 2, just on day 1
    Erwin: (stares at Mark, imagining one huge backhand across the face) Uhhhh, Mark? (grabbing armrest real tight so as to not act out what I'm imagining) That's what I said...



I agree that there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people. If you already know the answer to the question, why even bother to ask? That is a major pet peeve of mine. Damn sycophants....

And following Seinfeld rhetoric, 98% of the population reading this will immediately respond, "Sycophants"???

No comments: