Sunday, February 01, 2004

Weekend Lethargy

Note to self: Erwin, you're not all there. It's 11:53 PM on the night before +1 and you're on many, many shots. Must talk about the Spaghetti Warehouse Incident at a later time, preferably when sober...

Why is it that all week long I look forward to the weekend like it's my savior but when the weekend actually comes along, there's really no need to celebrate? The weekend has come and gone, and I feel the same way I feel every other day of the week when I wake up as of late: blah.

Blah is the feeling I get when I haven't had my morning dose of caffeine during the work week. Blah dictates the length of time I wear my pajamas on the weekend. Blah tells my sub-conscience to be and stay antisocial, no matter how significant the event (i.e. Super Bowl Sunday).

Yes, there is something definitely wrong. The self-proclaimed man of perpetual motion has come to an abrupt and screeching halt. Mr. Spontanaeity seems to be pretty predicatable as of late. Composure right now means indifference and acceptance of the staus quo rather than withstanding the forces against you and waiting for the right moment to attack...

The troops are tired and are losing sight of what they're fighting for. Are they fighting for stability or for freedom? Whether you realize it or not, we are all part of the "rat race," a lifelong race that very few ever finish. Is it me or does it seem like most people are content with going through life just getting by (i.e. stability)? Those stuck in the rat race desire stability so much that they blindly trade their personal freedom to become followers. The so-called choices they make are dictated by reactions as a result of external entities rather than that of personal action.

Those that seek freedom from control, on the other hand, realize that stability is a farce. How can someone possibly claim to live a stable life knowing that at any given time something can drasctically change their life due to circumstances beyond their control? Freedom seekers are leaders rather than followers. And because of that, there is no place for them in the rat race. Instead, they are on a different yet higher plane of existance, one in which the only limits and boundaries that exist are the ones imposed in their head. The world offers us so much to experience. Sadly, very few of us have an open mind and heart to experience those things.

So to summarize:

1. I am not as lethargic as I make myself out to be
2. I become a total philosophical geek when I'm under the influence
3. Stick to being followers and know your role, each and everyone of you, so I can rule all your candy-asses

No comments: