Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Work Husband

I've been called a lot of things, some pleasant and some not so pleasant, but never have I been referred to as work husband. Hmmm, work husband...Has a good ring to it, but I don't ever recall getting "work married" or going on a "work honeymoon". And apparently, I'm still a work virgin also since I've never had work sex.

Yes, work husband is what I am to co-worker Michelle who I guess is my "work wifey." She didn't even deem the term; her "real" husband (actually, future hubby since they're engaged) did. I don't know what's worse - getting called that from another guy or getting called that from a guy and learning that the phrase "work husband" refers to a gay guy on a show called King of Queens...

Geez, I can't seem to shake this whole gay thing off. Personally, I like the title Michelle has given me better - "the last decent guy on earth." So I can relate to females and get along with them well enough to not be smacked across the face or to not get a swift kick to the nuts...often. How does this make me gay? I get whatever's on their mind out in the open and they're comfortable enough with me to talk about it and it makes them feel better. So I'm more like a female stress reliever right? Kinda like a "work vibrator"...

On second thought, maybe work husband sounds okay after all....

Daily Question of the Day: Starting with number '1', if you were to go in ascending order and spell out each number (i.e. number '1' = one), what would be the first number that would contain the letter 'A'?

No comments: