Thursday, January 01, 2004

2003: Year in Review

Happy New Years everyone! Well, so far, so good. I'm actually awake and alive after celebrating the new year at the Double Door. Note to self: Hosted bar means free drinks. It's good stuff!

As we were inching closer and closer to midnite, I started getting a little sentimental. I'm going to miss 2003. It was a good year for me. After a crappy 2002 when nothing seemed to work out and I was bending over, grabbing my ankles super tight and taking the ass-reaming the world was giving me, 2003 was definitely the year of the comeback. I proved to myself and tried to make it a point to everyone that when you want to take two steps forward, sometimes you need to take one step back. I showed that if you really want something in life, you need to go out there and take it because in this world, nothing is ever just given to you.

2003 was also full of memories and experiences. Being at WrestleMania with over 60,000 wrasslin fans from around the world probably tops the list. But there are tons others. A weekend trip to the San Juan Islands and camping in the middle of an ocean was an experience. Eminem in Detroit. The SummerFest experience in Milwaukee. My 1st time in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. Sushi. Trader Joe's...Trader Joe's???

No comments: