Tuesday, April 13, 2004

I Need Your Help

Over the last few months I have been in self-denial over the realization that I guess everyone around me pretty much knew. Throughout the backlash, I've held my head high through all the criticism, telling myself that I am a decent person, and that I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me. But sometimes the truth hurts, and it's about time that I come clean, so here it goes....folks....I'm....sexually frustrated cinematically challenged.

Yes, I am the movie deprived one. I am the "not everyone" person in a conversing group of people in the statement, "Sorry cool people of the world, we can't discuss this cool movie because 'not everyone' has seen it."

I'm tired of the same but feigned response: "YOU haven't seen the movie?" (like the movie was written, directed and produced just for me). Or how 'bout this truly classic response:

"You haven't seen the movie? It's OK. You're Asian." Now that statement is so wrong. For the record, I am NOT Asian. I am a Pacific Islander (because Hawaiian is not an ethnicity). There is a difference.

So now that I've come clean, I need your help (which is pretty much anyone remaining after the extermination of pretty much my entire reader base over the last month). By hook or by crook, I will become cinematically learned...

...And with my DVD burner and Blockbuster Rewards membership, I don't think I'm choosing "by hook"...

Now if you can just provide me with a few movie titles, I'll be well on my way to overcome this brutal handicap of mine.

Thank you for your support.

No comments: