Sunday, April 04, 2004

Ice Breakers

Contrary to popular belief, I am a shy person when it comes to meeting new people. Yes, I do give people working the toll booths more attention (in a non-sexual way) than the common driver. And yes, I reward restaraunt servers well for the (cough, cough, non-sexual) services I make them do for me. But as anyone who has visited the old form of my website (version 2.0) and remembers my emotional "Ode to the Busboy," people fail to realize that the individuals doing these important tasks are people too, and probably don't get the appreciation they rightfully deserve...

Enough warm and pointless attention to those losers, back to me...so yeah, I'm a shy guy. And to at least one person who shall remain nameless, I'm a boring one at that. BTW, I hope the wrath of Erwin hasn't hit you hard...yet, Becky. Feel better...while you still can =)

Well, I have to thank two wonderful individuals for helping to overcome my shy and boring state at Mrs. Kulash-Welling-Bloom- (and if lesbian marriages become legal in Illinois) Garner's gala event over the weekend. While the celebrity hostess was busy giving tours of her mansion, these two made me feel welcome, like I was right at home. Although the center of conversations, they were willing to give me some attention. One even made me dinner!

Much appreciation goes out to the charcoal grill and beer keg. They rock!

No comments: