Wednesday, April 21, 2004

The Simple Life

So yah, Friday was my birthday (much thanks to Cathy for reminding me of that). Birthdays, for me, aren't so hard to take. There's really only 3 ages in life - can't drink (before 21), can drink (after 21), and can drink some more (retirement). I think I'm going through a mid-life crisis because at the "can drink" age, I found myself celebrating in "can't drink" ways. Here's the rundown on the birthday festivities (which always seems to be a days-long celebration):

Friday
-Basketball
-Miniature golf
-Mitty's, a local bar

Saturday
-Cubs game
-Batting cages
-Mike's Ale House, my new favorite bar
-Bowling

Sunday
-Picnic at the Little Red School House
-Ice cream at Plush Horse
-Dinner with family at China Chef

So for my birthday, I'm thankful once again for not being a celebrity. Thank goodness birthdays only occur once a year. Now I can crawl back into my hole and resume the life of a hermit once again....I wish...

No comments: