Sunday, April 25, 2004

Know Your Role and Shut Your Mouth

Better Left Unknown you've done it; you have successfully gotten me to devote my worthless time to replying to your comment from a few posts ago. But instead of "proving myself" to you, I'm going to go one step farther and prove to everyone who reads this that I'm not dellusional - fucktards really do exist...and you are an example of one.

If there's two things I can't stand, it's naivety and ignorance. Naivety is forgivable; I pity the fact that you live a very sheltered life. It's sad that you can't relate to things that go beyond your personal experiences. It's also sad that you have just enough brain cells to formulate a single sentence and can't articulate any farther. I'd like to know why you said what you said and discuss it, but I think it's pretty obvious that all you want to do is trash talk like a little whiny bitch (and yes, that was harsh).

And then there's your ignorance. If you're going to rip on someone, at least know what you're talking about. Uneducated one, there's a difference between ethnicity and nationality. I'm Filipino American. That's my nationality, and that's what I'm proud to identify myself as. Ethnicity is a class of people. Since you never go out, you probably have never filled out a form asking for your ETHNICITY. Since I attempt to interact with society (although usually not willingly), I have filled out many forms with this question and respond with Asian/Pacific Islander. However, there are a few differences that differentiate Asians and Pacific Islanders. And because of those differences, I identify myself as being more Pac Islander than Asian. "Fucktard" needs to be added on to the choices because your class of people is growing at an alarming rate.

This whole ethnicity vs. nationality issue doesn't even bug me. What does bug me is why you choose to focus on what I am rather than who I am. (Cena 5-knuckle shuffle) You don't know me! While I'm all for being proud of your origins, it's disturbing to me that people outwardly show their pride in a way that puts other people down. I live in a city where practically every nationality has a day to celebrate their pride. Even though traffic sucks, I'm fine with it. Some people choose to make their day-long celebration a week-long one, however, and that is not cool with me. Other people will take it the wrong way, intentional or not.

Stop being selfish and think of other people, it's a simple concept. Even Carl takes the rainbow cock off his coffee table when it's not gay pride day =)

No comments: