Monday, November 03, 2003

+1
At work, +1 is the name given to the first business day of each month signifying the closing of the previous month's activity. It's the most stressful day of each month, so much that the company is willing to pay for meals and transportation to motivate their employees to work hard. Today was +1; from this quick lesson in business, you can conclude that this month's +1 is going to suck even more because it falls on a Monday and Mondays always suck. So how did I prepare for +1? I was out till midnite the nite before drinkin my happy ass off and celebrated the beginning of Monday scarfing down a king size steak burrito at TBK...

I woke up after 3 hrs of sleep realizing that I acheived a "burrito buzz" - visualize a jagr bomb: a shot of jagr dropped in a glass of red bull. Now think of a burrito as the jagr shot being dropped into a stomach full of beer. The burrito buzz, like the jagr bomb, can and will fuck you up.

The great thing about being buzzed is that you're in your own happy world being completely oblivious to everything else happening around you. I walk into work on +1 with my burrito buzz, quite content that a US dollar account I manage was in negative territory. If you're checking account was negative $100, I think you'd be upset with a $25 overdraft fee. My US dollar account was negative $50 MILLION...And I was being charged close to $10,000 in overdraft charges a day... And I was content with it thanks to the burrito buzz. Thank you burrito buzz!


Cheap Plug of the Day: Pixar Entertainment's "Finding Nemo" available for purchase beginning in 30 minutes!

No comments: