Saturday, November 15, 2003

The Negative Effects of Beer

Signs That Erwin Has Had Quite A Few Beers

1. More people flock to him (not really), generating more body heat, thus creating a redness in his face
2. The greater volume of people (again, not really) also raises conversation; Erwin gets louder to compensate
3. With more people around, it's important that no one is left out of the conversation. That's why Erwin speaks super slow, almost resembling word slurring

And after Friday night,

4. The millions (and millions) of people listening to Erwin talk are silenced by his awe inspiring words of wonder....NOT!

Actually, Friday night was weird. My happy hour drinking at Dos Hermanos seemed to impair my ability to hang in conversations. Normally (sober or not), I'm pretty good at keeping conversations going as it seems like I always have something to say about everything. Nothing that came out of my mouth made sense. I mean, I don't normally make sense, but there was nothing brash or witty I said. Maybe beer makes me a more geeky, dull person

Of course, it may not have just been the beer that shut me up. It could have also been the main topic of my happy hour - tea bagging and snow blowing - which was started by a bunch of females in the office; yeah, that left me pretty speechless

WTF?? of the Day: WTF is up with Saturday Night Live? It's become a pretty sleezy gay show. Really, it has - there were at least 3 skits where guys were kissing each other or pretty close to kissing each other. They allow that on TV, but they don't allow swearing or vulgar language, go figure. WTF??

No comments: