Sunday, November 30, 2003

Cheated


Sadness doth take me over
Things look grey, whithered and so much older
I feel the sun’s heat but its rays feel so much colder
The flames that burned in my heart for you now have smoldered

Erwin, stop it with that poetic bit
You’ve given up yourself and gotten back shit
You look calm but inside we know you’re throwing a fit
Depression sets in, suicidal thoughts abound, I’d better get that first-aid kit


Alive or dead, I have no worth
Enduring tough hardships since my birth
Used to living in a world of suffering and hurt
Suicidal thoughts? I haven’t lost myself yet, I’m still fully alert

OK then, let’s keep on with the flow
Come on dude, let everything including yourself go
Express yourself, make me see your feelings and emotions show
What she told you I would like to know


She slept with a “friend” about a month ago
Additional details I did not want to know
They had drinks, he kissed her and she didn’t say no

I’m sorry, Erwin, but I gotta say it – what a hoe

To top it off, the guy’s name is Duke
Fucking a guy with a dog’s name makes me want to puke
I asked her more than once if he was still her friend and she didn’t rebuke

Then no doubt this wasn’t a fluke

I sensed things were wrong before and she said things were going to be okay
Together we were going to get through the long distance and the 2 hour time delay
Her words of reassurance though, like our relationship, have begun to fade
She made her choice and now she’s gotta live the consequences of the choice she made

Song I'm Listening to Right Now: Goodbye - Jagged Edge

No comments: