Wednesday, December 03, 2003

15 Seconds of Fame

Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, but I perceive my life as boring. I have ideas on how to spice it up and make it more interesting. I've even actually followed through on most of those ideas. I just think its one of those things where if you do interesting things constantly, then it all becomes a routine, turning what was once interesting into something montonous (i.e. boring) <----I don't know if it makes sense to you all, but it does to me in my messed up head.

In an attempt to do something out of the ordinary, I took part in a Q101 forum held at their radio station. It was pretty kewl. We got to talk about music and stuff. The forum moderator was this 40-50 year old guy from Detroit who never listened to the station before. Let me tell ya, the guy was totally lost (I think the research guys in the other room who were watching us through a hidden camera were also confused) when we were on the subject of Mancow's Morning Madhouse, Turd, Drunk Girl Friday and Fact or Shiznit?

After the forum, this chick (it seems like they only hire cute girls there) gave us a tour of the station. It's smaller than I had thought. There really is a Lava Lamp Love Lounge and Al Roker Jr. is really the "resident black guy" because he has his own office. The studio is pretty big, it's got a computer for the DJ to check listener e-mails, and 3 TVs that are set to one sports channel and 2 other shows.

Then the big moment. We got a chance to meet Fook while he was on the air doing his radio show. And he introduced us on the radio. So if you were listening around 7:30-ish at night and you heard a bunch of guys being excited about their free Schick Quattro 4 razors that they just got, chances are you probably heard me. And folks, that was my 15 seconds of radio glory.

Quote of the Day: From Super Stacey: "I think the reason that murder is illegal and immoral has something to do with the fact that 98% of the population deserve to be killed just for being so effing stupid!"

No comments: