Sunday, December 14, 2003

Winter Holiday Blues

It's hard for me to admit this, but I am burning out. Work has beaten me down and worn me out to the point that this cold that I've had for close to three weeks is nowhere near going away. It's not helping any, however, that with the holidays arriving very shortly I am starting to become down at the realization that I will be experiencing the holidays pretty much alone. It's been over 5 years since I celebrated Christmas and/or New Year's without a special someone in my life. And it's not about just being with somebody just to have someone....

(WARNING: Erwin showing his affectionate side)

The fact that I was in love with someone who was in love with me back is to me the greatest gift one could ever give/receive (love is reciprocal) no matter what time of the year. Holding someone in your arms and looking into her eyes, saying the words "I love you", feeling the warm feelings she's feeling as she absorbs the meaning of those three words, and then hearing her repeat those words back as she gazes into my eyes...With all the couples I see that are out there, very few ever get the chance to experience that feeling of not only being loved but also being in love...and since I have been given the opportunity to experience that feeling, it truly is a gift...

(END Erwin affectionate moment)


Yah, so it sucks be lonely during the holiday season. Folks, you've just witnessed the Daily Gay Moment of the Day

No comments: